Friday 18 May 2018

"As more slaves came to America.
The talking drum became a silent drum.
The drum stopped.

The drum stopped communicating."


For a while.

The hiatus of the African voice would come to an end after years. 
Years of slavery.
Years of submissiveness.
Years of pain.

Until it found its voice!

OLODUM 
The african american group who protests in the streets of Brazil with music. Against racial discrimination, they make their instruments and voices echoes throughout the Brazilian territory.

The language is now understood. It was vocalized. But the rhythim structures and syncopation have kept faithful to its roots in Africa.

Strength and modesty Freedom to the people of Pelourinho (historic centre of Salvador) A true mother feels pain during labour And here I go. Declared the nation, Pelourinho against prostitution We protest and manifest And here I go. We expanded here And terror already dominates Brazil. Report abuse, Olodum and Pelourinho And here I go. Brazil leadership The elite force inside the pollution Featured in the terror, Cubatão (a polluted city in Brazil) And here I go.

And here I go. Northeastern Brazil In Bahia there is Ethiopia The country turns their back on the northeast And here I go. We are able Our God brings the truth to us Monument for strength and peace And here I go.
And here I go. I dismount you Against the apartheid there in South Africa Welcoming Nelson Mandela The Olodum And here I go. Mozambique, Mozambique, Mozambique Mozambique, Mozambique, Mozambique

No comments:

Post a Comment